Friday, February 13, 2009

ROMANCE


He had one pink silk rose, forty dollars and a plan. Of course he doesn’t have a car and forty dollars wasn’t enough. “I want to give her roses and tell her that I will love her until all of the roses die…but see, one won’t die because it is silk.” He explains.

He wrote her a beautiful song, recorded it and put it on her iPod and waits anxiously for sixth period to end so he can leave school. I drive him to the florist to locate roses that match the silk one and yes, swipe the debit card where he comes up short.

“You can take the car.” I tell him before he asks, knowing he wants to bring them to her before the end of the school day. He scribbles on the card, dabs on some cologne and grabs the keys. I hand him the bag with the giant chocolate kiss I bought for him for Valentines Day, knowing he would rather give it to her than eat it.


“Thanks Mom.” He smiles as he departs on his mission.

“Drive carefully.” I tell him.


A+ for romance, I think to myself.

2 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

So sweet! This one's a keeper for sure. I hope the girl appreciates the heart he's handing her.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

He's been well-taught!